Is sunburn a side effect of prednisone? Should I avoid being in the sun while taking prednisone?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2022.
I am frequently out in the sun during the day. Is this going to be a problem while taking prednisone?
No, you do not need to avoid being in the sun while taking Prednisone as it does not have increased sensitivity to the sun as a listed side effect.
However, you should follow everyday sun safe techniques such as using sunscreen and covering up to reduce sun damage to your skin.
You can view a comprehensive list of prednisone side-effects here: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html
Related medical questions
- What is considered a high dose of prednisone?
- Is it OK to drink alcohol with Prednisone?
- How long can you take prednisone safely?
- How long does it take for prednisone to work?
- What's a good prednisone taper schedule?
- Do i take all 6 prednisone pills at once on the first day?
- Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone - How do they compare?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Prednisone vs Prednisolone - What's the difference?
- Does prednisone cause a rapid heart rate?
- I just took ibuprofen and prednisone, is that ok?
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)